Make an Appointment
Welcome to the personal counseling online intake page. In order to make a personal counseling/psychotherapy appointment, we ask that you a) verify that you are eligible for our services and b) complete our counseling intake online paperwork. Please read the following before you continue.
- In order to be eligible for personal counseling, you need to be a full-time, day-time BYU student during the current semester: enrolled in at least 9 credits. Graduate students must be considered full-time by their respective program. During spring and summer terms, students are considered full-time and eligible for services if they completed winter semester and are enrolled for fall semester.
- Complete the online counseling intake paperwork, which can be completed when you read these terms, agree to them, and click on the check box below to verify your agreement.
- After completing the online paperwork, call Counseling and Psychological Services at 801.422.3035, Monday - Friday from 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. to schedule an initial appointment.
- If this is an emergency during office hours (8 a.m.- 5 p.m.), please go directly to Counseling and Psychological Services, 1500 WSC. If this is an emergency during non-office hours, please call the University Police at 801.422.2222 and they will assist you.
- If you are a non-student spouse coming in for couples counseling, you will need to create a BYU netid here. This process will also give you a 9-digit BYU ID number. Please write this number down and have it ready when you call to set up a first appointment.
- If you are under the age of 18, you will need to obtain parental consent for treatment. Your parents will have legal access to your medical records until you are 18. Please call 801.422.3035 for more information.
Please check this box to indicate that you have read the information above. After checking the box, you will then be re-directed to a route Y login page and the Counseling Intake paperwork.