Skip to main content

Mental Health Services for Minors

In the State of Utah, individuals under the age of 18 cannot receive outpatient mental health services such as those provided by BYU Counseling and Psychological Services without the consent of a parent or legal guardian. If you are under 18 years of age, please follow the steps below in order to obtain services.

1. Parent or guardian must complete this form. Your parent or guardian will have the legal right to access your medical records, and may view them if they request to do so, until you are no longer a minor.

2. Return the form via email (scan or take a readable picture) to

3. Complete the Counseling Intake forms at:

4. Call and set up an intake appointment, 801.422.3035.