Winter 2020 Walk-In Hours
- Monday: 12pm-1pm, 3pm-4pm
- Tuesday: 12pm - 5pm
- Wednesday: 11am - 1pm, 3-5pm
- Thursday: 11am - 3pm
- Friday: 11am - 12pm
Walk-In Biofeedback Hours
Come in and practice your stress management skills and explore what specific relaxation styles work best for you. You will be assisted by a Biofeedback Specialist at your own computer station.
Your time during Walk-In Hours:
- Measure Heart Rate and Heart Rhythms using cutting edge Heart Rate Variability EmWave program
- Learn diaphragmatic breathing
- Instruction on general relaxation techniques and resources to reduce your stress concerns
- Practice Relaxation Activities by playing Interactive biofeedback games to practice tension reduction
- Preparation and practice prior to or between one-on-one biofeedback and counseling appointments
- Fulfillment of class requirements
The first 3 people each hour will be admitted since there is limited space available.
No appointment necessary.
To find out the daily schedule:
- See the above schedule
- Call the CAPS reception desk 801-422-3035
- Come by the CAPS reception desk in 1500 WSC between 8am and 5pm weekdays
Relaxation Practice Activities
Cutting Edge Heart Rate Variability Biofeedback Programs
- Measure heart rate and heart rhythms
- Train diaphragmatic breathing for calmness, mental clarity, and emotional well-being
- Teach skills to manage stress
- Help improve stress-related health problems
1. Dual Drive
Train yourself to stay calm as you study, work, or are under any type of stress. This car racing game requires that you keep yourself calm through diaphramatic breathing to win the race.
2. Relaxing Rhythms
This program measures heart rate variability and sweat gland activity. Learn greater calmness, patience and emotional balance through biofeedback games. Learn meditation, relaxation skills, and greater emotional regulation from experts like Depak Chopra.
3. Emwave heart Rate Variability Program
This Program teaches diaphragmatic breathing for immediate calming, improved concentration and memory, and peak performance. Learn to change your heart rhythm pattern to create coherence, a scientifically measurable state of harmony in psychological and physiological processes.
The technology collects pulse data through a pulse sensor and translates the information from your heart rhythms into computer graphics. Over time it can improve your ability to manage stress and anxiety.
The emWave program uses a simple breathing technique to teach you to quickly calm your mind and relax your body which can improve:
- Emotional Well-Being
- Problem Solving Skills